We wish... we wish... we wish for a future without animal suffering and neglect...
We are always happy to receive donated items and often require specific equipment to help us with our day to day work. We regularly need and accept donations of the following:
- Food: good quality tinned cat and kitten food (wet or dry)
- Puppy & dog toys: preferably new - sturdy and solid (not rope)
- Puppy collars & leads: new or second hand (in good order only)
- Kitten & Cat toys: preferably new but can be homemade - small plastic or fabric balls, etc.
- Catnip toys: preferably new - can be homemade but must be sturdy. These are given away with every newly adopted cat or kitten.
- Bedding: old towels, blankets, sheets (no facecloths, duvet inners or pillows please)
- Standard newspapers: to help line our cat cages.
- Second hand pet items: we will also accept second hand animal toys and beds that you no longer require. Items such as: cane pet baskets, dog jackets, pet carry cases and cat scratch poles, will often be offered for sale in our reception area to help generate extra funds.
You are welcome to drop your donated goods to our Animal Centre in Renwick Mon - Sat, 10am - 4pm and Sun 10am - 2pm. Pet food can also be placed in SPCA bins at participating supermarkets throughout Marlborough.
In addition to the above we also have a number of large pieces of equipment needed for our Centre.
- Cat cage 'banks'
These items are part of an on-going cat cage replacement programme. Anyone wanting to leave a lasting legacy can have naming rights placed on a bank of "three large stainless steel isolation cages". These are far superior to what is currently in use and are likely to remain in use for 50 years or more. The cost per bank is $4000. Please contact us if you would like to know more about these or sponsor the purchase of one.
- Wire Top Pet Carriers
We are running very low on wire pet carriers which are an important and integral part of our working day at the Animal Centre. We would appreciate donations of crack and break- free pet carriers that ideally open from the top and have a metal handle - this ensures we can clean them to a high standard.
- Rabbit Hutch's
We currently require rabbit hutch's for an influx of furry critters. We require a minimum size of: 1.5m(l) x 0.80m(w) x 0.60m(h)to give the rabbit enough room to stretch its back legs, with an in built sleeping area and preferably raised off the ground for extra warmth.
If you would like any further information on any of the above items, or you would like to assist, please contact us on: (03) 572 9156 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!