Animal Care Attendant
Permanent Full time
SPCA Marlborough has an exciting new vacancy for an Animal
Care Attendant to join our team at the Centre in Renwick.
The SPCA is a well-respected charity that is dedicated to preventing the cruelty and suffering of animals through education and enforcement. We rescue, rehabilitate and rehome thousands of lost, sick, injured, abandoned and abused animals every year.
We are looking for a positive and motivated Full-Time Feline Animal Attendant (38 hours per week plus On-Call Ambulance driving every 3 weeks) who will maintain multiple Feline Units at the SPCA Marlborough Centre and assist with other duties as necessary.
- Providing for the care and health of felines in multiple feline units in the SPCA facility to ensure their 5 freedoms are met consistently
- Maintaining accurate documentation and records.
- Managing interactions with clients and public at reception and by phone; including cat and dog adoptions, general inquiries, retail sales and cash handling.
- Ensure safety, support and wellbeing of Volunteers working in SPCA Marlborough team
- Assisting as a key part of the SPCA Ambulance On-Call roster – Assisting the public with concerns and responding to animal emergencies when required.
- Weekend work required
Qualifications & experience
- A qualification in Animal Care is preferred.
- Experience in handling companion animals, preferably in a shelter environment
- A sound understanding of normal vs. abnormal animal health and behaviour
- At least 1 year Customer service & administration experience
- Hold a full New Zealand driving license.
- Have a clean police and traffic licence record
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- Strong attention to detail and focus on high quality of care
- Excellent interpersonal skills – communicate effectively with customers and other employees.
- Strong customer service work ethic and experience.
- Ability to work effectively without supervision and effectively prioritise daily tasks.
- Ability to work in busy conditions and subject to tight timeframes.
- Able to be flexible in approach to work and challenges.
To register your interest please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00pm Sunday the 18th of February 2018.
To download a detailed job description please Click Here